1. We reverse engineered Spitzer's transition site; now you can actually vote on the people's ideas!
2. Give a thumbs up to the ideas you love; and a downer to those you hate
3. Click here to add your own ideas to the mix
4. Add your two cents in the comments section for any idea
5. Stream the ideas in real time to your blog
CANAL ECONOMIC REBIRTH
I would strongly urge the Spitzer administration to reorganize the NYS Canal Corp. and redirect state efforts to revitalize communties located within the historic Erie Canal Corridor. While recreation and tourism are important,investment, revitalization and job growth are key to bringing new life to struggling to canal communities.Perhaps integrating the Canal Corp. into Empire State Development or an upstate economic resurgence strategy offers the opportunity to realize the unique potential the canal corridor offers. Business interests must play a role in this effort. The "warm and fuzzy" approach to revitalization must be replaced with a creative and aggressive growth policy.
Post new comment