1. We reverse engineered Spitzer's transition site; now you can actually vote on the people's ideas!
2. Give a thumbs up to the ideas you love; and a downer to those you hate
3. Click here to add your own ideas to the mix
4. Add your two cents in the comments section for any idea
5. Stream the ideas in real time to your blog
END PROPERTY TAX FINANCING OF LOCAL SCHOOLS
SCHOOL FINANCING MUST COMEFROM GENERAL STATE REVENUE. End property tax financing of education. School funding should come from general rvenue and be equally distributed cross the state-with minor variations for local cost of living-so that all children have access to the same quality education and people in poor underpopulated areas don't have to bear an unequal tax burden. In Brooklyn where we lived in a house worth 4 times what our farm in Delaware County is worth we paid $1050 a year in property taxes, While in Delaware County (where we now live) property taxes were 5 times the amount of the Brooklyn taxes. This is insane.
Post new comment