1. Stop the proliferation of native American casinos in Buffalo and i our states cities and territory. Keep the casinos on the native reservations. Please meet with former Congressman John La Falce about this issue.
2. Stop the crime guns importation into New York State from the states that border New York State.
3. Meet with the governor of Pennsylvania about closing down all Phantom Fireworks stores set up specifically to sell illegal fireworks to New York State residents. These stores on the New York and Pennsylvania border cannot sell fireworks to residents of Pennsylvania. On the Fourth of July in 1997 Buffalo Firefighter Michael Seguin died in a housefire caused by the careless use of fireworks from Pennsylvania. The television stations in Buffalo every year, now do advertise Phantom Fireworks on Buffalo television before the Fourth of July. This activity killed a Buffalo firefighter. It must be stopped to protect the people of New York State from law breaking that is killing people and causing fires and loss of property in New York State.
4. Start looking to move away from big oil and coal. The coal burning plants in Buffalo and Somerset are causing global warming. It's time to invest in new technologies that lower emissions and make us more energy independent.
5. Get the dam Republican Control Board out of Buffalo now! There habe been Buffalo firefighters working almost 6 years at rookie pay. Is this the way we reward those who risk their lives every day in Buffalo?
6. Keep the Buffalo waterfront green for parks and migratory birds. Open a beach on the Buffalo waterfront.
7. Create a Buffalo scuba diving and surfing park off of Furhmann Blvd. in Buffalo. Sink a ship there to create a diving park and a fish habitat. Also create an artificial surfing beach off of Buffalo's waterfront for wave riding and Eastern Surfing Association Great Lakes District surf competitions.
8. Get the toll booths torn down at Breckenridge and Ogdon streets.
8. Pass a law similar to the recent Province of Ontario's legislation that requires that all new drivers be 18 and have a high school diploma. Also enact State legislation that makes it illegal to drop out of high school before 18. Only if a student is enlisting in the U.S. military should a student be allowed to leave high school.
9. Stop wasting our State money on silver bullet solutions to solving our state economy. Bass Pros and Native casinos are like pouring money down rat holes. Instead invest in small developing technology business ventures and small start up business. Let's start making products that can't be made in China. Invest in research and research companies. Start a small blue ribbon commission with inventors and scientists to create a long range plan.
10. Build the Super Span bridge NOW across the Niagara River! Stop invasive species from coming into the Great Lakes in ship ballest and stop the dumping of partially treated and untreated sewage into our water at all times.
11. Pass a tire refund law that allows poor people to pick up discarded car tires on streets and return them to car tire stores for a refund. Model tire deposit's on bottle deposits.
- Submitted by Magilla Schaus on 12.31.06