1. We reverse engineered Spitzer's transition site; now you can actually vote on the people's ideas!
2. Give a thumbs up to the ideas you love; and a downer to those you hate
3. Click here to add your own ideas to the mix
4. Add your two cents in the comments section for any idea
5. Stream the ideas in real time to your blog
Put Quality of Life First
I am a former Sullivan Co resident who is now employed as a criminal investigator at an Indian-run casino on the west coast. I ask you Mr. Spitzer to not just uphold the state constitution, but to be (sad to say) a political pioneer by putting quality of life issues over dollars and cents. Sullivan Co needs businesses that bring in jobs AND give back some type of product or service. NOT a business that just draws in people who really cannot afford to be gambling, and of course the criminal element that is inevitably attracted to casinos. I can assure you that casinos are proactively far more concerned with how much people spend, rather than what type of people find casinos appealing for one reason or another. This is just one quality of life issue among many at stake. Although some of the local representatives are ignorantly willing to sell off these issues for a few million dollars, your constituents urge you to do the right thing and oppose any casinos in or around Sullivan Co. Thank you.
Post new comment