1. We reverse engineered Spitzer's transition site; now you can actually vote on the people's ideas!
2. Give a thumbs up to the ideas you love; and a downer to those you hate
3. Click here to add your own ideas to the mix
4. Add your two cents in the comments section for any idea
5. Stream the ideas in real time to your blog
Centralize University Police
Currently there are 28 campuses with 28 different chiefs, deputy chiefs, assistant chiefs, car designs, firearms, reporting programs etc. In essence, there are 28 different ways of doing the same thing for the same agency. It’s wasteful and expensive. By centralizing the University Police Department (the 2nd largest State Police force) under the Executive branch, we can eliminate unneeded middle managers, reduce spending and duplication of effort on items purchased by 28 different departments and would make the department more efficient at reducing crime on campus. A regional set up such as the Environmental Conservation Police have, would be a better approach and would streamline training, hiring, and procurement. I believe this would result in a substantial saving to the taxpayers of this State as well as safer campuses statewide.
Post new comment